Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Plans and Planning

There was a much appreciated hint of fall in the weather this weekend. Though I am still perfectly content with the summer, it was a lovely reprieve from all of the heat. M. and I took it easy this weekend with lots of long walks in the cool air with the dog, sipping on hot coffees as we strolled.
Our Stroll: The Glamourous Version-Haha
Image Via Pinterest 
Saturday morning, over croissants and lattes, we planned for our upcoming trip. I am so excited! At one point, we skyped a bed and breakfast to make a reservation and the adorable Irish lilt of the owner had me picturing the emerald green countryside, fireside Irish coffees, and the adventure of a journey on winding country roads grazed by sheep...
Image Via Pinterest 
I'm really excited for our brief fling with Paris as well, and have been going through my numerous bookmarks to figure out exactly where to go. Oh Happy Day and HIP Paris have my head spinning, as I want to do everything! All I know is that a stop for hot chocolate at Angelina's will definitely be on the agenda. :) On our last trip there, we were straight out of college and traveling for an extended time, so we were on a budget that barely allowed us to eat. We did nourish ourselves with frequent museum trips though, so, the nice thing about this trip to the city of lights is that we have been to a lot of the touristy attractions and can now really just pick a neighborhood or two and explore.That said, we did not make it to the Musée d'Orsay on our last trip and may need to stop there on this one!
Yesterday, I met my close friend for some Soho shopping followed by a leisurely late afternoon lunch at the cute cafe Sanctuary T on the cobblestoned streets of West Broadway. Flavorful food and conversation made for a perfect end to a relaxing weekend.
Image from Tea Time Magazine 
I hope you all had lovely weekends...Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment