Monday, July 16, 2012

Jubilant July!

Happy Monday!

Well, this weekend was busy, to say the least, but it was wonderful to see so many people in such a short amount of time.
Saturday morning, I left the city and took the train into upstate New York where I met my aunt and cousin. After a Starbucks run, my cousin and I headed over to my sister's house where we met my other sister and lounged around the pool for the morning. After lunch, we went to my mom's house to celebrate my Nana's birthday. My aunts, uncles, and cousins were all there and after a champagne toast and some cake, M. and I headed over to my good friend from high school's little boy's first birthday party.
My friend has the blood of an event planner, so she had so many adorable little touches to commemorate her son's day; blue and green pinwheels, a hand sewn banner, a beautiful table display, and a tree strung with pictures from each month of her little one's life. So cute.

From here, M. and I headed to my other good friend's house for a housewarming/four-year-old birthday party. It was hilarious to see the difference between a one-year-old and four-year-old party. At one, the party is clearly mostly for the parents; my friend's cute little one year old was most impressed by the frosting on his cake. By four, there has been a major shift; a bouncy house, a trampoline, go-carts flying down the backyard hill, a destroyed pinata, and some major pool splashing going on--kids rule the day. It was pretty funny to see the contrast.
After leaving the four-year-old party, M. and I met our friends at a rooftop restaurant on the way back to M.'s parent's house. Cocktails, calamari, and conversation were the perfect end to a whirlwind day.

Sunday, after a breakfast visit with M.'s parents, we headed back to the city to close a weekend where we had seen both of our families and variety of friends. Exhausted, we went out for a quiet Sunday evening dinner and passed out early.

I have decided that I should try to avoid adding any more significant dates to my life in July...it's already chock-full of very important moments for lots of special people!

4 comments:

  1. Ha - love the dualing birthday party descriptions. So glad we got to see you this weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, as I read "Click, Clack, Moo" to Sammy this morning (without having checked our old FB conversation), the irony of your present hit me. Love it, and I can't wait for Crazy Aunt Sarah and Crazy Uncle Mike (as you shall henceforth be known) to one day engage Sammy in further discussion on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you too!! Sammy's cupcake devouring was so entertaining!! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahha glad you enjoyed it--though, just because we support unionization of laborers does not make us "crazy"--well, in some circles anyways! :) xo

    ReplyDelete