Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Connecticut Conundrum

I have a paper due next Tuesday and I have to be at the United Nations for CEDAW all day Monday--I say that like it is an obligation when really I am so excited to go! For those reasons, I should be responsible this weekend and stay home and write but...

The devil on my shoulder (who invariably always kicks the angel's ass) is goading me on and telling me to ignore my work and get out of the sweltering city. I am yearning for a hike at Sleeping Giant. Also, it is not one, but two friends' son's birthdays (which makes it convenient and lovely to catch up with two groups of friends!) and it is also my Nana's birthday, which makes it convenient and lovely to catch up with my family. You see my dilemma?! Plus, I am beyond excited that Terrain (both the store and restaurant!) has opened in Westport, Connecticut. Hmmm...That could make for a nice stop on the way back to the city!
Image Via Terrain
The lunch menu looks delicious! I want to try everything. Especially the risotto. Oh, and the scallops. And the cheese platter. I. Want. It. All.
In that New England weekend kind of spirit, I am currently reading Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead. It is her first book and I was lured in by the very intellectual reasoning of loving the lobster graphic on the cover.

So far, so funny.

1 comment:

  1. Friends and family aside, you must come and go to Terrain, if only to report back to me how awesome it is. Also, I need that book - if only for a fashion accessory. (It will go great with a new blue and white striped dress I just bought.)

    ReplyDelete