Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ice Cream "Sun" Day

Today my post turns from books to ice cream in honor of the 90 degree plus weather that is currently visiting this lovely city...I am hoping that it is an ephemeral visit. Since it is too hot to even turn the pages of a book (or press the buttons of a nook), instead I will point you in the direction of a few of my favorite ice cream places...
Sedutto (nestled on the UES) has the best peanut butter chocolate chip frozen yogurt ever!
Big Gay Ice Cream Truck: Personally, I just love getting ice cream from an ice cream truck on a hot day!
Pinkberry: Chain or not, I adore this place and the tangy original flavor with bananas, strawberries and chocolate chips. My only warning--good luck fighting through the throngs of high school students waiting on line for their frozen yogurt fix...
Grom: Ice cream heaven...
L'Arte Del Gelato + a trip to the (now extended) Highline and Chelsea Market = Amazing
16 Handles (yeah, yeah...another chain...tell me that as you are mixing magical frozen yogurt combinations with their Willy Wonka-esque handles...) See Pinkberry warning--same demographic plus add strollers...
Momofuko Milk Bar: Not to be confused with the Milk Bar in Clockwork Orange, come here for the addictive desserts...
Happy Ice Creaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment