Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Footnotes

Here are some things I am loving and looking forward to on this lovely Friday!
With a busy, busy weekend ahead, I am looking forward to staying in tonight and watching a movie with the boyfriend! Popcorn, anyone?!
One of my lovely friends is getting married at the end of July and her wedding shower is tomorrow...looking forward to celebrating with her! Speaking of things I am loving...at this friend's wedding there are going to be LAWN GAMES!! A wedding where we can play wiffle ball?? Yes, please! Oh, and did I mentioned there will also be a photo booth, an ice cream truck, and an end-of-the-night bonfire??! Can. Not. Wait.
Sunday, the boyfriend and I are taking the (currently free) ferry from Manhattan to Brooklyn to go explore all of the miscellany at Brooklyn Flea. I am so excited for the view of Manhattan and a fun boat ride! Not to mention all of the cool things I might potentially find at Brooklyn Flea. Current Craves: an old school classroom reference globe, a library card catalogue (which I plan to someday convert to a wine rack like the one seen here), and, lastly, old keys that I can convert to necklaces (it's my new obsession!).
Unintended Humor: Today, the seniors at the school I currently work at graduated from high school.  The key note speaker was a politician representing some of the wealthiest constituents in Manhattan. My students represent some of the poorest. What did the lovely politician decide to speak to the students about????
Golf.
I could not have paid for better humor.
Lastly, fun mail. And on a Friday!! Usually my mail consists of one of the following: bills, catalogues, and strange mailings addressed to previous apartment tenants.  So, imagine my glee when I came home today to a package addressed to me!! Yeah, my boyfriend's mom is awesome... In the spirit of making someone's day, mail out a fun gift or card to someone you love. If you can time it so it arrived on a Friday even better!
Or...I sure wouldn't mind finding this in my mailbox:
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment