Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beantown Book

I hope you all had amazing memorial day weekends! The boyfriend and I spent the weekend touring Boston.  Boston is definitely a more serene city than New York City...we couldn't get over the fact that birds were chirping in the numerous trees lining the quaint cobblestone streets.  The only birds I have seen outside of Central Park in New York are pigeons.
For those heading into Boston in the near future, here were a few of my favorite things:
The Public Garden: The perfect summer reading location.
South End Buttery: Fluffy pancakes, Vermont maple syrup, savory eggs, and one of the best iced coffees I have ever had! Add that to the cutest decor, fluffy dogs ambling outside, and a picture perfect neighborhood of brownstones and beautiful city parks...love...
Injeanous: If I lived in Boston, this would definitely be my go-to jean shop.
Shake the Tree: I could browse this store for hours...
And what to read as you meander through the cafes and gardens of Boston? How about The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl? Nothing like a thriller that pays homage to Dante Alighieri that is set in Boston!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment