Tuesday, June 21, 2011

For those of you who watch The Bachelorette...

I am embarrassed to say that I count myself among you...For some reason, every television season I get sucked into one really bad show. In the fall it is The Vampire Diaries. I just can't help but swoon slightly over Damon Salvatore, despite the boyfriend's relentlessly making fun of him throughout the show.  In the summer, it is The Bachelorette.
I was talking to one of my friends the other day and she was lamenting the lack of quality single guys in Manhattan.  There are two bachelors from New York, New York on this season's Bachelorette both of whom are nice, have great jobs, and are super cute.  When I pointed this out, my friend exclaimed, "Yeah, but you never run into guys like them in Manhattan!"
Well, today as I was walking home from work with the star of my own Bachelorette show, he pointed out the bachelor Ames from this season's show: Spotted on 68th and Lexington Avenue...
Why, you might ask, does my boyfriend know (well enough to point out) the bachelors on this season's show? Living in Manhattan, in a one bedroom, one person's bad television becomes another person's noise pollution--though I personally suspect he enjoys it...
Anyways, I of course needed to send a picture to my friend who had just argued that one never runs into these types of guys in Manhattan, so as I stood awkwardly by a fruit stand, I took Ames' picture-- stalker style from afar.
So, for my friend, who shall remain unnamed... this one's for you!

2 comments:

  1. An instant smile came to my face when you mentioned the star of your own Bachelorette show...you did get the best. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete