Thursday, June 9, 2011

Houndlet

I will be quite happy to settle in tonight with a good book and air conditioning. The weather hit one hundred degrees today in the city and I began this scorcher of a day with an unwanted run across Central Park when I was already running late and the cab that I jumped in to make up for lost time got stuck in traffic.  I made it from 5th Avenue to Amsterdam in record time; however, I was sweaty and gross by the time I got to work.  Not a pleasant way to start the day, therefore, I look forward to a pleasant way to end the day.  The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski fits the bill.  I am just beginning to read this book and I am already enchanted. Granted, while any book that features a dog is usually an easy sell for me, I also love the fact that this is, essentially, the story of Hamlet.
I am off to relax and read!
Stay cool and happy reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment