Monday, June 27, 2011

Packing Frenzy

I am (and always have been) a huge advocate of the "girlfriend getaway." I love my boyfriend and I adore traveling with him, but I also think that girl bonding time is crucially important for fostering powerful friendships, and for making relationship bonds even stronger.  In the spirit of that, I am heading out on Wednesday for an annual trip that has become a special tradition.  I will miss the boyfriend and the dog though...thank goodness for skype :)   

This particular trip is to South East Asia and, while I am bringing very little, there are still seemingly always a million things to do when one leaves the country. I will try to post intermittently while there, but most likely, posts will follow when I return! I have downloaded a ton of books to read for the beach portion of my trip so, hopefully, I will have a lot of recommendations in a couple of weeks.

Here's a little preview of what's in store...
A sky high welcome cocktail at Bangkok's highest restaurant, Vertigo. If you know me, irony abounds in the fact that this is our first stop...That said, in my opinion, there is no better way to make an acquaintance of a new city then by having a cool drink and an amazing bird's eye view...
Elephants galore in Chiang Mai...in addition to trekking through misty mountains and browsing local artisan's work in night markets...
And, most importantly, after a long school year, some reading under an umbrella with some of the most spectacular ocean views in the whole wide world--or so I am told! 
And then, of course, all of the amazing unplanned things that come with travel...those are the best! 
Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment