Thursday, June 14, 2012

Restore, Revive, Relax

Conde Nast Traveler just wrote a feature on trips with health benefits called "Restore, Revive, Relax." After having "one of those days" today, I decided that they had the right idea! Although my grades are due tomorrow and I have some students taking the state exam in the morning, I am carving out an hour all to myself so that I can restore, revive, and relax.

On the agenda this half hour (Since I already spent a half hour on an evening run):

A glass of red: I actually picked up this bottle the other day because I thought that the graphic was adorable and was pleasantly surprised when the wine turned out to be really good--especially for the unbeatable price! I tend to just pick a price range followed by a cute graphic and that is the extent of my wine scouting; however, the more I read about wines, the less I think price range is always the best route for picking out wine!
A Good Read: While I am currently reading the next book in The Chemical Garden Trilogy (turns out it has totally sucked me in!), there will be no time for book lounging tonight, so I will content myself with book's little sister, magazine. Travel magazines are the best. I love staring at the pictures and planning my next trip. I am excited to read the article on Thailand and reminisce about my trip there last summer. Having traveled in South East Asia the past two summers, I am feeling nostalgic, so it will be fun to daydream over Thai temples, tuk tuks, and Thai traditions.
A Dark Chocolate Snack: When I wandered into Trader Joe's with my coworker on our lunch break today, she pointed out a chocolate bar with the most adorable packaging I have ever seen. It is the kind of packaging that makes me wish I taught some nautical novels and could have a sea-themed classroom party. For now though, I'll just content myself to lounge in my favorite pink chair, read my magazine, and nibble on some dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt. Yum...
Have a relaxing evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment