Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Little Respite from the Workday

Rarely in the teaching profession do I have the opportunity to have a leisurely workday lunch. My lunches normally consist of something that I grab quickly at a nearby cafe and eat in my classroom rapidly in the presence of students, punctuated by comments during meetings, or, occasionally, if I am lucky, peacefully on the terrace outside of my building. This is why I really appreciated my work lunch today. We had professional development and so we had a little more flexibility when it came to lunch time options. That said, my colleagues and I did slip slightly shamefully back into the meeting a few minutes late; however, easier to do that than come late when there are students waiting eagerly for you to teach!

With two of my favorite co-workers, I headed over to Lincoln Center where, in the Film Society of Lincoln Center there is an adorable cafe called "Indie: Food and Wine." What a respite from the day! I ordered the most delicious turkey club sandwich. On it: bacon, lemon mayonaise, bibb lettuce, green tomato and...wait for it...potato chips! It was so good! In addition, I learned from my co-worker that you can actually get food in the cafe to go and bring it into the movie theater. I am definitely going to need to do this as that is a major upgrade from my usual movie theater fare of greasy popcorn and/or sour patch kids.
While there, I also picked up a brochure for the Human Rights Watch Film Festival. While all of the films look amazing for different reasons, I would really like to see Little Heaven. Check it out!

One more workday this week...
Here's to Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment