Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Answer to #Manhattan Problems

Today at work one of my coworkers was talking about her invented hash tag, #ManhattanProblems. On this list? Not getting a free bloody mary with brunch. Not having Jake Gyllenhaal in your spin class. We contributed to this list and it helped to pass the time during a very, very slow work day.

On my way home (after a beautiful walk through Central Park where, even despite the heat, Make Music New York kept me highly entertained), I stopped to pick up some crafting supplies for an organizational project that brought to mind the #ManhattanProblems that we had joked about all morning.

Perhaps I am wrong and other people have this issue as well, but M. and I have this drawer overflowing with menus that drives both of us crazy. With so many great restaurants in a close proximity, we inevitably order in quite a bit. I wouldn't consider either of us to be much of a cook, so we do frequently rely on the food prepared by the large variety of nearby restaurants. Subsequently, we have developed a terrible menu accumulation problem. Every time we get a new menu it goes into the menu drawer and this drawer has reached a point where I am scared to open it. While the age of technology makes it easy to pop on your Iphone and order through seamless web, there is still something I really like about being able to look at menus and mark dishes you liked or didn't like on the physical menu.

Therefore, when I got home today, I decided to create a file folder of menus organized by the geographical location of the cuisine. Inside each labeled continent, I broke the file into subregions and categorized the menus accordingly. Yay!



Menu Holder-in Progress
While I am sure this drawer will now turn into a dumping ground for some other random collection M. and I have going on, in the meantime, I am still excited to have resolved this particular organizational issue.
On that note, off to meet M. for some dinner. Tonight, it's too hot to stay home!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment