Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Footnotes

Here is what I am loving on this June Friday:

My friends who have dragged me into the "Warrior Dash" on Saturday: All at once excited and terrified to crawl through mud, jump over fire, shimmy under barbed wires, and leap over tires with some of my favorite people!

Ask me if I still feel this way come Saturday afternoon when the novelty has worn off...
Book Expo America: While I was disappointed not to make it to the book and publishing expo this week, I was excited to reap all of the rewards since our librarian friend went and brought me a bunch of really great books to peruse and pass on to my students.

The Prometheus Opening This Weekend: Call me a nerd all you want. I love Ridley Scott. I will be watching Saturday night since I am guessing by that time I will hardly be able to move.
HBO-Go: The New York Times wrote this (highly accurate!) article regarding the use of HBO-Go by people who, in the case of this article, don't have televisions or prefer not to subscribe to HBO. M. and I have enjoyed taking advantage of the multitude of movies and shows available online. I am currently obsessed with a series emerging out of a series of books that I also loved: Game of Thrones!
As always, but especially on a Friday, I am appreciative of my peaceful walk home through Central Park. Today, I stopped for a lemonade at the Le Pain Quotidien that is in the middle of the park. I definitely need to make this a pitstop on my walk far more often!
Happy Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your next post will have some photos from the Warrior Dash......would have loved to have been there to see you in action!

    ReplyDelete