Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friday Footnotes (On Saturday AM...Again!)

Here is what I am loving on this lovely June weekend:

My Dinner Plans Last Night: M. texted me in the morning yesterday to tell me that he had made dinner plans for us. Usually, Fridays tend to consist of an after work happy hour and then an early bedtime, so it was fun to look forward to out-of-neighborhood dining plans. It has also been a really busy week, so it was so nice to have time to catch up leisurely over dinner.

My Friend in The New York Times: A couple of years ago, I taught in Siem Reap, Cambodia during my summer vacation. It was there that (through a friend who told me about the program) I met a group of amazing people who I ended up traveling around Vietnam with after the program ended. I have stayed in touch with all of them despite the fact that they live in Sweden. They have visited me in New York, observed my classes and taught my students some Swedish phrases, their students were "pen pals" with my students, and we even met up in Spain where my friend who originally told me about the program in Cambodia is now teaching. This is why it so cool to read The New York Times this morning and see my friend's picture and Stockholm travel suggestions in the paper! Go Anna!
The 1920s Party on Governor's Island: Excited to dress up in my 1920s garb, meet up with my friends, and dance the Charleston. This is one of my absolute favorite events in New York City and I can't wait to jump the ferry to Governor's Island and time travel back to the 20s this afternoon!
The Second Book of The Chemical Garden Trilogy: I just finished the second book in this trilogy and I am dying to see what will happen to the characters in the final book. Unfortunately, the final book has not yet been written, so I will have to wait until next February to find out...
Happy Weekend Everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment