Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Penchant for Horror? ...Not So Much, But Still a Good Read

I am usually not a big fan of Steven King.  In all honesty, I am not generally a fan of scary books at all; however, I just read Under the Dome and, while I had to skim over certain parts, it was definitely an entertaining read.  The premise of the book is that an unexplained and impermeable dome suddenly appears over a small town in Maine.  As a result of the dome, power struggles ensue as King examines how people deal with crisis situations.  He is a cynic for sure and his fictional dome is not one that I would ever want to be caught under!  I did continue reading for a thousand plus pages though to learn how the dome got there, so he did something right in the realm of suspense.  This is a fun summer beach read--though I would caution you NOT to read this as you board a plane to travel to that said summer beach destination...I am pretty sure that had I read this on my recent plane ride to San Diego, I would have had a heart attack, or, at least, an anxiety attack...
Frightful reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment