Monday, March 7, 2011

Around the World in New York City

When my friends and I were planning a trip to Peru last summer (one that I sadly had to back out of the day before the plane departed because my one and only, favorite Poppop passed away) we stumbled upon the book The Lost Girls.  This travel memoir about three girls in their twenties who are restless in love, life, and careers leave their NYC life to travel the world for a year.  While the book is perhaps not my absolute favorite travel book, I do love the locations that they have selected--especially since I have travelled to many of them and could laugh at the local folklore and typical regional snafus that they experienced.  A fun read and definitely recommended for the wanderlust in all of us!
In the meantime, what better city to feel an urge to travel and a slight case of wanderlust but New York City?!  Dreaming of the sights, smells, and tastes of faraway places? Hmmm...this is where I get to dream up my around the world in one day itinerary... Yes, I would begin in France sipping on a latte and eating le petit dejeuner at Balthazar.
Image courtesy of Balthazar 
After sating my appetite, I would head to China via Chinatown for a little shopping.  Despite the long journey across several time zones, I would then love to jump continents and head to Argentina, one of my all time favorite places in the world, via Azul, which can't help but transport me back to Buenos Aires. Yum...provoleta! And, finally, while it is about as authentic as the "Ray Bans" that I bought from a street vendor in Vietnam last summer, I might pop over the Japan to close the night with a nightcap from Ninja...a place that is pure entertainment.
Love this globe from Etsy Seller...!
All in all...a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment