Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lovely London

It's a dreary day in New York City.  I practically swam to work in a sea of umbrellas.  For some reason, gray, rainy days make me think of London--despite the fact that when I was there it was rather sunny. I am actually dying to go back, but, in the meantime, I will have a spot of tea and read Taschen's London.  I adore this book that adorns my coffee table.  First of all, I really am a sucker for color scheme and I am currently loving all things purple.  Moreover, I really do find the photographs inspiring; they make me want to revisit old haunts, explore new ones, oh--and go back to London when I am not a broke student.
Since a trip to London is not going to be on the agenda for at least another year, I may need to devote some time to exploring a little bit of London in New York City for the meantime.  When I was there, I did frequent pubs (more because I was not yet the golden age of 21 which brings with it the legal right to imbibe).  One pub that is reminiscent of the London pub scene is the new(er) Jones Wood Foundry located on the upper east side of New York City.
Then of course there is tea.  All things related to tea make me pine for London.  Perhaps a little "high tea" is in order.  While I have never been, I do believe it might be time to pay a visit to Lady Mendi's Tea Salon.  If only because my dog's doppelganger is on their website...
After tea, I do think that a little stroll through Gramercy Park would be in order. I will somehow need to stealthily procure a key, but an elite park somehow tickles my London fancy...
Lastly, dinner courtesy of Gordan Ramsey at The London in NYC would be a fine way to feel all around Londony on this side of the pond.
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment