Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Art of Reading in the Rain

Personally, I love the rain. I think that it is romantic and peaceful and it makes me want to curl up and read a good book while I listen to the sounds of the raindrops hitting the window panes.  Don't get me wrong, like anyone else commuting in New York City, the rain can make getting from place to place somewhat of an annoyance, but I think the trade off for perfect reading weather is worth it. Today, after a brief stop at Magnolia Bakery after work (I work in dangerous proximity to this establishment!), I came home to cuddle with my adorable dog and (re)read a great rainy day read: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. There's something about a dark day and a cheery cupcake that is just delightful!
This book is sad and uplifting and whether or not you care for car racing (I don't!), the book's plot is compelling enough that cars and speeding around a race track are somewhat irrelevant. In addition, if you are a dog person, this book has an added layer of joy and sorrow that it quite simply worth the read! 

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were going to say cuddling up with my adorable fiancee.....oh well, we know where he ranks! I read this book and loved it. I wonder what Max and Frenchie tell each other about us when they're together.....

    ReplyDelete