Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Favorite Reading Spot...

As much as a I love reading, I equally adore the "art of reading..." meaning all of the accoutrements (wine, cocoa, comfy throws) and settings (warm cafes on blustery days, soft grass under the grand boughs of shade-providing trees in the oppressive heat of summer, umbrella shaded beaches) that make reading so much fun!
Tonight, though I went not to read, but to do work, I fell in love with a cafe that I will definitely need to add to my reading room repertoire.  While this cafe is by no means a "hidden gem" since it has not only been featured in films like You've Got Mail, but there was another show being filmed just outside tonight as I was there sipping my foamy cappuccino, I still find it a delightful place to settle in with a good book...
Yes, Cafe Lalo is completely adorable--complete with dreamy Parisian windows and graceful trees twined with lights right outside. My book of choice to accompany my cappuccino and tonight's chilly weather would have to be the book that I just recently finished: Lunch in Paris: A Love Story with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard.
J'adore...unlike a recent disappointment in my ever-growing list of French fantasy books (French Toast: An American in Paris Celebrates the Maddening Mysteries of the French). For anyone who lusts for Paris like I do, Lunch in Paris fulfills the craving and it can be delightfully snacked upon in courses much like French food.
Delicious reading!

1 comment:

  1. Where is this cafe? It sounds like a place my friends and I would like to go to while in NY on April 2.....I really don't think I can keep up with your pace of reading....

    ReplyDelete