Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dog People

So I am undoubtably a dog person; not in the I push my dog around in a stroller and wear sweatshirts with dog appliques on the front of them kind of way, but there are definitely some borderline weird old dog lady tendencies latent within me just dying to get out! When I turned on Good Morning America before work this morning, I was smitten with the youtube sensation-- Denver the guilty dog. Like Denver, my dog definitely has a guilty look of his own when he has done something he shouldn't have.  In honor of dog lovers everywhere, today's book recommendation combines two of my great loves: dogs and New York City.  The New Yorkers by Catherine Schine is a dogcentric love story filled with quaint upper west side brownstones and pup-tastic dog parks.
New York City is a great place to have a dog...it opens up a whole network of neighborhood dog culture.  My favorite dog park is in Carl Schurz Park and overlooks the East River.  It is a great place to rest on a bench, let my dog romp, and read a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment