Thursday, May 24, 2012

Friday Footnotes

Last week's Friday Footnotes were a little late. This week's Friday Footnotes are a little early in anticipation of a long weekend of fun...

Here's what I am loving on this Memorial Day weekend Friday...

The Official Kick-Off of Summer...Planning to head out of the city for the weekend to spend some time with the family lounging by the pool and, perhaps, sneaking in a wine tasting and a picnic at a local vineyard. 
Plans to Make my First Visit to a New York City Beach...Believe it or not (those who pay any attention to pollution in New York City will probably believe it), I have never been to a local beach. A friend is organizing a beach trip this Memorial Day and I am excited to sit on the subway for a long time in order to see what an authentic NYC boardwalk looks like...
Yeah, I'm guessing it won't look anything like this San Diego beach...
Brunches: The book I just finished pokes fun at brunch calling it an activity that one should only do when they are too old to do anything else. I wholeheartedly disagree as I love brunch and brunching. Looking forward to a couple of brunches on this summer weekend opener...

Frenchie's face when he realizes we are going to Connecticut: It is hands down his favorite place and he makes it known when he jumps into his carry-on bag to head home...
He might look sad here but...
P.S. Last night's Pony Bar excursion has me excited about our new local watering hole...
Happy Friday and Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Enjoy your barbecues, beach trips, and books!  

No comments:

Post a Comment