Monday, May 14, 2012

Francophile

Obama was in town today. As in President Obama.

This made for a disgustingly awful crosstown commute this morning. I know I have talked about my love/hate relationship with New York City...well, this morning definitely fell on the detest side of the spectrum. Since both ABC and NBC are close to where I work, barricades surrounded my school in the morning, which means that I taught TWO students first period. Getting an afternoon iced coffee two blocks from work was nearly impossible, which means that I was pretty cranky by the time seventh period rolled around. Oh, and it took me over an hour to get home. Ask me what kind of mood I was in by then...I dare you.

Perhaps this is why I am currently wishing that I lived in France. A lavender field filled countryside; bike with a basket, navy blue and white striped skimmers, rolled white pants and a beret. Or, perhaps, a balconied Parisian flat; soft pastel pink sky over the Seine, crumbling books in cluttered bookshops, baguette and wine at a sidewalk cafe. After a stop for a macaroon this afternoon at Laduree...hey, that is necessary after my very presidential commute, I am totally dreaming of Paris and can't wait to read this book:
While the book reviews thus far are pretty mixed, I am definitely going to give it a try! I also can't wait to attend a book reading that advertises with an invite stating, "We'll have Rose and macaroons for the occasion." Don't have to ask me twice...

Happy Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Um, I'm coming with you - to both the reading and to France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Future girls weekend trip??!! Haha

    ReplyDelete