Monday, September 3, 2012

Friday Footnotes (On Monday)

What can I say? It's a holiday weekend. I'm a little late...
School is back in session tomorrow, which is sad, but, despite a major case of vertigo that left me in bed all day Thursday, it has been a great weekend...

Here are some of the things I loved about Wednesday through today...
Visiting with my friends: While I missed out on Thursday, I did manage to have some lovely conversation, dinner, and fun with a couple of my favorite people from childhood--including a lovely dinner at Beauty and Essex!
Strolling the American Wing at The MET with M, a quick stop at the rooftop to take in the sunset, and a visit to the new "local" in our hood: The Penrose (I had the mac and cheese and a delicious and fresh goat cheese, pecan salad: it was divine)
A gorgeous hike with my friend from college: Beautiful views, warm sunshine, an encounter that didn't turn deadly with a copperhead snake (nope, not joking!)
All in all a great summer and I am sad to see it go. Off to enjoy my last day before school starts! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment