Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friday Footnotes (On Saturday AM)

Thankfully, it has cooled down significantly here in New York City and, if my friends at weather.com are correct, it will be in the seventies all next week! Yay! Here are a few things that I am loving on this lovely Friday/Saturday AM:

I have talked a lot about how much I enjoy breakfast with M. and this morning was no exception... I had a long week this week since I am back to work and back to graduate school. I am teaching a new grade level--always a stressful prospect when you find out last minute--and I am in my final year of graduate school, meaning I have a thesis to write in addition to coursework. All of this said, it has been a bit of a stressful week. This morning though (after sleeping a little late because my body demanded it!), I woke up to my favorite flowers on the table, my favorite hot chocolate awaiting me, and M. cooking a delicious breakfast. I felt like one lucky girl, and was grateful for breakfast with M.
Donors Choose: Since I work at a school where paper is not provided, books are often hard to come by, and technology is on par with a classroom of the 1960s, I am rather grateful to all of the funding I have received through Donors Choose. While, in many ways, it feels problematic to work at a publicly funded high school and need to rely on private donations, I really have no other choice for acquiring resources. I finally got a classroom computer that will arrive this week and I could not be more excited!
Swedes in Town!! I had a message awaiting me this morning that one of my favorite Swedes will be in the area in two months. My friend is tagging along with her boyfriend who is coming to lecture at Columbia on Swedish mysteries and crime fiction. Not only am I excited to attend the lecture, but I can't wait to see my friend! In the meantime, I will need to revisit The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so I am ready to discuss!
My plans to relax this weekend...
Like I said, it has been a long week so I am happy to take it easy this weekend. While I have a lot of work I need to do, for today, I plan to take a lot of leisurely strolls with M. and dog, read a little more of my current read, get a manicure, and all in all, just allow the day to take me, like ocean waves, wherever it will.
Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment