Monday, September 17, 2012

In Search of the Perfect Fall Read

All of these days of consecutive fall-like weather have made me want to read the typical fall book fare; stories that scare, have a supernatural twist, or are set deep in the woods of New England. While I love the "masters," Edgar Allen Poe and Nathaniel Hawthorne, I am also always on a quest in the fall to find a modern storyteller who weaves a frightening or mysterious, fireside reading tale. Last year, Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus was my favorite fall read. This year, I have downloaded A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and I am hoping that it will meet my fall reading requirements! Supposedly she writes in the style of Kostova, who I think writes beautifully, but that is also the promise of her publisher so we'll see if she delivers...

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! Didn't realize that it was a trilogy until i got to the end... 2nd one wasn't bad either though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!!! It's a trilogy!?? Even better!!

    ReplyDelete