Thursday, September 20, 2012

Friday Footnotes

Here is what I am loving on this beautiful fall Friday:

Take me out to the ballgame...
Let's Go Yankees! I love going to baseball games, especially on clear, chilly nights. I am looking forward to meeting for some Shake Shack pre-game and then heading to the Bronx to watch the Yankees play.
Excited to see Bon Iver at Radio City on Saturday night: I love Bon Iver's almost haunting sounds. I remember riding an overnight train with my friends in Southeast Asia. It was hands down one the least well-maintained trains I had ever been on; mice were skittering loudly all night, bugs were spotted far too often to comfortably sleep, and between the not so gentle movement of the train and the really strange passengers in our car, I'm pretty sure not one of us slept that night. I did, however, listen to the entire Bon Iver album on my Ipod and it rocked--please don't yell at me about the Ipod you travel purists!
I look considerably more happy than I actually was in this picture. 
Today is International Day of Peace! While the message of the International Day of Peace is often directed towards a ceasefire in global conflict, on this day, perhaps we can all take a moment to reflect on the conflicts big and small that impact our lives and think about ways in which we can find and work toward peace.
Brooklyn Book Festival: I know, I know, but I just can't stop mentioning it! I am so excited!

Happy Autumn! Yes, it is officially the first day of fall this weekend and I couldn't be more excited about the arrival of my favorite season! My two favorite holidays fall in the fall--Fall Festivities and Halloween, and I adore the colors of the changing leaves. My sister was making fun of me this past weekend because I have totally become one of those New Yorkers who turns into a "peeper" in the fall. AKA a city person who goes to New England on the sole mission of spending time in nature and seeing the changing leaves. Strange for someone who grew up in New England, but, by the same token, that need for crimson, gold, amber, burnt orange, and scarlet hues runs deep...
Happy Friday Everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment