Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Current Read: A Dose of Funny

When I was hiking with my friend the other day we were talking about recent good reads. As we were climbing and sweating in the muggy heat, she told me she was reading a book that was hilarious and "reminded her of me." Not sure if that was a good or bad thing, I prompted her further and she explained that just like when I tell her stories from my life and precede these stories with, "nobody is going to believe me because this is so crazy," the author of this memoir has taken her crazy experiences and turned them into a memoir.

I have just started reading this memoir and I am thoroughly entertained. While this book had mixed reviews overall, so far I am enjoying it; however, I'll admit, I am only on page ten. I'll keep you posted.

So, if you are looking for a laugh, check out Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson. Maybe she'll inspire me to start blogging about all those things in my life that just sound too crazy to even be real!



No comments:

Post a Comment