Thursday, September 27, 2012

Human Rights Cinema Club

Last year, for a class that I took on the human and social dimensions to the concept of peace, we had to design a peace education program. While for many people, this took the form of a program aimed at restructuring post-conflict societies, I wanted to create a program I could apply to my current professional life. From this, Action! A Human Rights Cinema Club, was born. Today was our first club meeting of the year and I am always excited to see the enthusiasm with which students approach the overwhelming task of learning about and finding ways to eradicate human rights abuses worldwide.

After much back and forth with documentary directors, human rights practitioners, and NYC area organizations, I am really excited for the lineup we have for this year. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment