Thursday, January 5, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

So, not only do I adore Taschen--I am currently building my collection with London and Paris travel books, but when you add to that The New York Times--a lazy Sunday morning staple, oh, and then to that a beautiful (and did I mention fabric covered?) travel book... well then essentially you have a recipe for a book that I am bound (haha--pun intended) to love. 
It is for all of these reasons that I am totally in love with (and using a recent gift certificate to purchase!) the book The New York Times 36 Hours: 150 Weekends in the US and Canada. 


When I am travelling anywhere one of the first places that I check for itineraries is the New York Times 36 hours guide. While these suggestions are not usually for the budget traveller, they are almost always awesome. I have been delighted by suggestions in various cities ranging from Bangkok, Thailand to Vancouver, British Columbia. This book is a compendium of some of the best guides contextualized in beautiful photography, font, and formatting. Love, love, love! One caveat...this guide is limited to North America; however, I expect that the international edition will soon follow...

Happy Reading and Happy Trip Planning!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! So glad you are blogging so much lately! (Especially loved the cheese post, obvi.)

    ReplyDelete