Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Magical Staircases and Invisible Men

I am back to school this week, so just a quick post to say "hello..."

While I am not looking forward to my life being really, really busy again, I am so excited about my grad school schedule! Though I am of course interested in the material, I think that I am even more excited about taking a course in a classroom that looks straight out of Harry Potter! No joke. Despite the fact that there are not actually moving staircases to confuse students wandering the hallways, the building is such a labyrinth that it often feels that way. It took me twenty minutes (and a run-in with a friend who knows the building's "secrets") to find my way to the exit. I am sure that this entertainment factor will wear off quickly...probably this weekend as I sit down to read a book and write my first paper. But, for now...it's sooooo cool... :)
Currently (RE) Reading: Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison 
I haven't read this since high school and I am excited to re-read this from an adult perspective. I am attending a workshop next week through the awesome organization Facing History and Ourselves that centers around concepts in this novel, so I want to have read the book again before participating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment