Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Antsy Pants

This is the time of year that I begin to get antsy...
This manifests in a multiplicity of ways: Like clockwork, it's the time of year that I yearn to take a "mental health day" from work.  I also inevitably begin to really think seriously about where I see myself the following year. And, with regularity, I long to take a trip. 
I had to laugh on the bus this evening as I read some of my favorite blogs and realized that this "unique" phenomenon that I go through this year and every year, is really not so unique. One such blogger was Joanna Goddard from Cup of Jo who posted pictures from one of my absolute favorite blogs H(aven) I(n) P(aris), or HIP Paris, and talked about her sense of wanderlust this time of year.
Somehow I feel validated.
Usually when this feeling comes over me in January, I call up the bestie and book a flight out to San Diego, but I think I might be in the mood for something different this year. Last year, though I flew to San Diego, we immediately rented a car and drove up to Lala Land, which was so much fun. I'm thinking this year may just call for wine country...
One of my most favorite trips ever was to Monterey/Wine Country/San Francisco. Ahhh yes...I think that those miles-o-mine are just begging to be redeemed...
All images via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment