Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sleep No More

I just finished reading Shakespeare's Macbeth with my eleventh graders. Macbeth is one of those Shakespearean plays that is always a hit, for whatever reason. Perhaps it is the blood, murder, power hungry wife?? Who knows!?

While it is not a performance to which I would bring my students (for a variety of reasons) the play loosely based on Macbeth, Sleep No More, looks awesome and I sooooo want to see it. While I love traditional theater, the interactive nature of this warehouse-located performance sounds so compelling and, well, cool. The audience wears a mask, you are not allowed to talk, and you can wander wherever you desire. Definitely purchasing my tickets to this show. Can't wait!
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow...I am soooo heading to this show!
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment