Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Footnotes

My, how the weather has changed...
Here are some things that I am loving on this cold, windy, January, Friday...
Book Clubs: Today I met with some of my co-workers at a bar near where I work to discuss James Baldwin's "A Talk to Teachers," and to have a casual, beer-accompanied-discussion about the piece in the context of our work environment. Not only was it stimulating and insightful, but it was a great way to problem pose for some of the issues that we face in our school.
Surprise Visits! The other night I was talking to my sister and she randomly decided that since it was a long weekend it would be a good time for her to come in for a visit. Looking forward to some shopping   (excited to hit up C. Wonder!) and some champagne!
Cheese Boards and Wine: As I mentioned before, I LOVE cheese and wine. Tonight's chilly conditions make for the perfect night to stay in and indulge in some of my favorite foods. On the agenda...movie, wine, and a delicious spread of cheeses, honey, bread, hummus, salami, stuffed mushrooms and olives. Divine...
Three-Day-Weekends: I can't even begin to list all of the reasons that this phenomenon is one of my favorite things ever! Sooooo looking forward to sleep, relaxation, friends, food, and fun!
And, on that note...Enjoy your weekends!

In the true spirit of this weekend, I leave you with this quote:
"The ultimate measure of man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
Martin Luther King, Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment