Monday, September 12, 2011

Purell, Please...

This weekend, I saw the movie Contagion, which, despite fueling an even stronger desire to Purell everything in my path, was quite good.  The film takes a realistic look at infectious disease and examines how the increasingly globalized world that we live in would aid the spread of a virus such as the fictitious one focused on in the film.  The film also does a good job of exploring the many complications and disasters that could potentially arise from such a situation.  From food shortages to the role of media to the question of who has access to feasibly life-saving drugs--this thriller is scary because of its frightening plausibility.  If you want to really add to the terror dimension of your viewing experience, read this before going to the theater.
Admittedly, while I really enjoyed the film, my favorite thing about this movie was the elevated role that blogs played in the spread of information regarding the virus. This, despite one character's line regarding blogging as "Graffiti with punctuation!"  I kind of love this. I would also kind of love to fancy myself a graffiti artist of sorts.  It sounds so much cooler than someone who sits on her couch each night and writes...
Happy Graffiti-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment