Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Footnotes

Despite the rain, I am happy it's the weekend. Here are some goodies I am loving this first Friday of fall!
Anything Goes: Very excited to see this on Saturday...
Precious Knowledge: This movie looks awesome and will be playing at the Schomburg Center in New York City in November. There's nothing like an inspiring teaching movie when you are in the frenzy of September...
Maine! Every morning, NY1 runs an advertisement for visiting Maine. It got me.  Next weekend, the boyfriend and I are heading to Maine to "leaf peep," take a fall walk on the beach, head into the woods for an autumn hike, go apple picking, eat fall dishes, and wander around the quintessential New England town of Portland. I am so excited to get out of the city and enjoy the bounty of the fall!
Mik Wright: Promoted as "Greetings that push buttons, poke fun, and provoke something," these cards are hilarious.  I came home from work on Thursday to find that a lovely card from one of my best friends had arrived.  Not only did it make my day, but I immediately fell in love with the vintage feel and quirky character of the cards.  While these are not the cards that you want to send out to the humorless, they are funny and fun for sure! 
Happy, Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment