Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Footnotes

It is an absolutely beautiful, crisp, and cool fall evening.  I am so happy for the weekend and am looking forward to a full weekend of amazing weather!  Here are some things that I am loving on this fall Friday...
The Brooklyn Book Festival: I can't wait to go hear authors speak about their work this Sunday down in Brooklyn! So. Freaking. Pumped. Jhumpa Lahiri is a totally amazing writer. I adored The Namesake.
Summer Food that tastes even sweeter when it's fall...Why is it that when in one season, the food of seasons passed always seems more delicious?? We are going to need to stop here this weekend!
Handwritten Thank You Notes on Beautiful Paper...Today, I received the sweetest thank you note (that made me cry!) thanking me for being in one of my dearest friend's weddings.  My favorite wedding moments included: 1.) A Photo booth that all our friends piled into with props to take crazy pictures--even my usually reserved boyfriend got in on the fun donning a hat and a musket and putting on his best "Revolutionary War" face...whatever that means!  2.) The hands down BEST first dance I have ever seen. My friend is a dancer and is known (well in our world at least) for her crazy dance moves.  At another friend's wedding a few years back, she caught the bouquet and was supposed to sit while the boy who caught the garter put it on her leg.  Instead of following tradition, she wound up kicking the chair over and doing an impromptu dance for five minutes that included: high kicks, pirouettes, and other dramatic flourishes.  The audience thought it was planned. Her friends just thought it was hilarious.  This all goes to say that the first dance was incredibly memorable in ways only this particular couple could make it.  I am hoping it makes its YouTube debut soon so the rest of the world can watch!  My mother always insisted that I write thank you notes.  As a kid, I never really understood why they were important.  As I have gotten older, I completely appreciate their value.  And...there's nothing like beautiful paper to put a smile on your face! 
I adore these Paula Skene Thank You Notes, available at Kate's Paperie
The Ampersand as Decoration...Love typography and would love having this on my wall!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment