Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halloween Hit List

Yesterday, after a visit to the Museum of Natural History, I was walking home alongside Central Park and passed this amazing, Tim Burton-esque tree.
One look at this tree had me completely nostalgic for some good, old-fashioned Halloween movies! What are your favorite Halloween movies? When I was in high school, my friends and I would get together and watch all of the scariest movies. My sister, who is also a huge fan of the really scary movie, would also always get me to watch something that would inevitably leave me up all night staring at the ceiling. Now, I really can't watch scary movies. Perhaps it is with adulthood that the realization arrives that the real world is scary enough, but, for some reason, my scary movies days are over.That said, here are some of my best-loved Halloween hits, in no particular order...
Well, since I mentioned it: The Nightmare Before Christmas really is a Tim Burton fave...
Moving on... and I am well-aware that this is not actually a "good" film (yet I can't help but want to watch it at this time of year): Hocus Pocus. Like, I said, I am already aware of this films mediocrity.
For those days that I am missing the excitement of being a kid readying for a night of neighborhood trick-or-treating, It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, almost always does the trick...
Sleepy Hollow is about as scary as I'll go. Though, I really like the Disney version as well...
Bedknobs and Broomsticks: Hey, I said nostalgia influences me...
Oh how I adore October!

No comments:

Post a Comment