Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Howl-een

With Halloween just around the corner...I have been thinking a lot about my costume. I have known what I am going to be since last year and have slowly accumulated materials over the past few months. While I have given a lot of thought to my costume, my pet's costume has received considerably less attention. What's your take on pet costumes? Are they a form of animal cruelty, or are they a fun way to include your pet in the excitement of the holiday?

This weekend, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan (of course), Carl Schurz Park held the annual Halloween Howl. It is Frenchie's least favorite day of the year. It is also the day of the year that the boyfriend and I are most aware of Frenchie's weight. Seeing as we couldn't even velcro his costume across his stomach, with this year's Halloween Howl came the resolution that it is time for Frenchie to go on a diet.

Every year I am always impressed with people's costume creativity. While Frenchie just wore a standard Target turtle costume, people tend to go all out at the Howl and I am always in awe of the creativity present in the costume parade. Two of my favorite costumes this year were the "Taxi driver and his cab"
And the weathermen and their barometer--the picture didn't capture the full effect--it was such an orchestrated ensemble!
Awesomeness abounds...

1 comment: