Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hunker Down

So, while I actually do have some plans this weekend that will involve leaving my apartment (so excited to see some favorite friends for dinner and celebrate the birthday with the sissy!) anyone on the East coast has heard that there is a potential hurricane headed our way.  As someone who has trouble being cooped up and has a tendency to go a little stir crazy, I am already planning for Sunday just in case Hurricane Irene does, in fact, arrive.  Beyond the obvious necessities of food, water, batteries, a flashlight and wine :) , an entire day of being stuck inside means movies, books, crafts, and boardgames. No, we do not have a twelve-year-old living with us!
For movies, I am still dying to see Jane Eyre! For some reason, I didn't make it to see it in the movie theaters, so a rental is definitely in order for Sunday.
For books, I am now on the third book of the Game of Thrones series...call me nerdy all you want...they are insanely entertaining!
For crafts, I have been so inspired by Meri Meri's adorable cupcake toppers after seeing them at the oh-so-cute store Chocolate Mousse in Vancouver that I want to make my own version of cupcake toppers for Halloween. This may just be the perfect time to get a head start on that!
Lastly, for boardgames, my favorites are Cranium, Scrabble, and Monopoly; however, the only one that I have any hope of getting the boyfriend to play will be Scrabble, so it looks like the old deluxe edition is finding its way out from under the couch on Sunday.
Here's hoping the electricity stays with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment