Monday, August 29, 2011

Hint of Fall

Today was the most beautiful day and, with the slight chill in the air, I began to dream of fall. It's that end-of-the-summer feeling that I face reluctantly, but also embrace anticipating the flood of favorite seasonal things to come.  As I walked around New York City today, sweaters, boots and skinny jeans adorned the mannequins in store windows, gerbera daisies in autumnal colors lined sidewalk markets, and I noticed an abundance of warm lattes and cappuccinos as opposed to the usual iced fare.  While I am certain there will still be some much appreciated warm days to come, today was a beautiful glimpse towards fall.
As I meandered through the city on my daytime walk today, I wandered into a bookstore to browse the latest selection of book titles.  One book that I started reading in the shop and think that I am going to really love is: The Life and Opinions of Maf the Dog and of His Friend Marilyn Monroe by Andrew O'Hagan.  First of all, the central character is a dog--and a terrier at that.  Second, at least judging by the first chapter, the prose is beautiful and engaging.  This is sure to be a great early fall read!
And the perfect fall setting to indulge in the perfect fall book? How about The Captain Fairfield Inn of Kennebunkport, Maine?  With a delicious New England inspired breakfast menu, a gorgeous setting to observe the changing leaves, and a fireplace and claw-foot tub to add ambience to your reading, Maine might just be the perfect fall destination...
Via...
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment