Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Book Expo America At Your Door!

The Yankees won and maybe it was the Frank Sinatra "New York, New York," but tonight I started thinking about all of the things that I love about this city...
While there are too many to name here, I can offer a slice of the many things that I think are amazing about this city simply by revisiting my day today.
One, I love the coffee from my favorite Brazilian coffee place Sugarloaf.  I can't help but stop there each morning en route to work. Unlike most coffee places, if you ask for milk in your coffee, they warm and froth the milk and spoon it over the top of your coffee in delicious fluffy layers.
Two, Central Park on a warm, balmy day.  The leaves on the trees have darkened to a rich, verdant green.  The shaded walkways through the park past The Boathouse, bicycle riders, Poet's Walk and various bodies of water all add up to the greatest commute home in the entire world.  Which leads me to my next favorite thing...
Waffles and Dinges. Yum...Not only does NYC offer the beauty of Central Park, but within Central Park there is the greatest food cart of all time...Waffles and Dingers. It does not disappoint. 
The people filled sidewalks and streets at all hours on all days of the week.  Love.
The New York Yankees winning and everyone singing "New York, New York" as they walk out of the stadium.
Ahhh yes...a great city indeed.
Perhaps this is why there are so many books written about New York City!? I will save that gigantic list of favorites for another post; however, in the meantime, let me share with you a couple of books that I am excited to read for a variety of reasons.
Today, at the Javitts Center was Book Expo America.  My librarian friend picked up a few books for me and I can't wait to read them and report back!
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale looks intriguing...I'll let you know if it is.
I am also excited to read The Orchard by Theresa Weir.  Adore a good memoir.
Oh and I cant wait to read the young adult fiction that he picked up by Sara Cassidy called Slick...I am all for books that empower young women and this looks promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment