Monday, May 23, 2011

Planet of the Apes

First, I just have to say that I think I should totally get a new job as one of those people who chooses what books get made into movies because lo and behold...here comes The Help leaping from paper page to the big screen. Did I not predict this?! It's due out in theaters this August. So excited.
Lately, most of my reads have been travel books as I am trying to sort out my summer plans, but I am also in the middle of a book I am so enjoying. Sara Gruen (who is earning a name for herself with Water for Elephants) also wrote another book connected to animals that is equally touching and a great beach read: Ape House.  Apparently Gruen studied the language of apes at The Great Ape Trust in Des Moines Iowa which looks amazing. I so want to go and pretend I am Jane Goodall. Hmm...perhaps I am going to need to take detour through Des Moines at some point this summer.
On a serious note though, this is an organization that is doing great and important things. Be sure to check them out.
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment