Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dream Locations

It has been pouring in NYC all week. While the flowers seem to love it, the people are getting kind of crabby.  The crosstown bus today was a scary place to be; a multitude of people crammed in with soggy clothes, wet feet, and pointy umbrellas.  While I love rainy day reading, I can't help but fantasize slightly about a beach, a cool ice tea, and a great book.  Last summer when I was in Vietnam in Nha Trang (great town if you're in the area!), my friends and I rented lounge chairs facing the ocean under large straw umbrellas and read all day after spending time working in Cambodia. You could order fresh and delicious sushi and tall glasses of iced tea as you poured over your book with the ocean waves crashing gently in the background. Sounds pretty good right about now...

No comments:

Post a Comment