Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cooking Inspiration

So after (finally) booking our annual girlfriend's getaway tonight, my friends and I have begun our research on what we will do once we have arrived. While I don't (and honestly can't) cook, I am going to embark on a challenging adventure: a cooking class in Thailand.  Hopefully they plan to start with pad thai as that dish looks considerably like pasta, which is the one thing that I actually can make.  If we graduate to anything involving woks, time sensitive baking, or multi-step procedures-- I am in trouble.  
To get inspired, I plan to finish reading a book that I started ages ago and, while I really enjoyed it, I just never finished.  Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell ought to do the trick! Here's hoping that the old adage that "practice makes perfect" applies to my considerable lack of cooking skills...
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment