Monday, October 22, 2012

Trick or Treat

My costume hunt is in full gear...

I have made it no secret that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays ever. When I was little, like most kids, I would spend the entire month leading up to Halloween thinking about what I would be. Unlike most kids, I would then try to convince my sisters to let me make their costumes as well. Luckily, I live in a city where a childlike spirit of Halloween never dies and many people go out for Halloween, no matter their age. M and I make a habit of going to the Village Halloween Parade, which is always immensely entertaining. One of my favorite groups who march in the parade is always the Michael Jackson "Thriller" dancers...
This year, like most years, my friends are coming in for a little Halloween shindig on Saturday and I am still in the process of figuring out what to be. Some of my best costumes in years past have been my rendition of the Arizona immigration law SB 1070 and my take on the 1980s Operation Man game. One of my crowning glories was actually a spider costume that I made twenty minutes before we went out using nothing but old tights! This year is an election year, so naturally a part of me wants to go political; however, I am sure that half of the population here is already planning their big bird and "binders full of women" costumes, so I think I am going to have to come up with something else...

Hmmm...we'll see what this year brings, but my oh my do I love Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment