Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Best Holiday

The weekend always goes too quickly, no? It has been a busy weekend, but a fun one. My favorite part of this weekend was, of course, our annual fall festivities. The weather was gorgeous and made for the perfect day for all of our fall activities. After my friends picked me up at the train station and we hit Starbucks, we made the long drive up to the northern part of the state where we got pumpkins, wandered through the corn maze, and visited the country store at Lyman Orchards. The corn maze was hilarious with my friend's kids leading the way. The projected half hour maze time took us double that when following a two and four year old through the corn paths! After selecting our pumpkins we headed further north to our friend's house so the kids could nap and we could carve, catch up, and eat. The day was absolutely perfect--it really has become a sacred annual tradition to all of us.
We ended the night in the southern part of the state watching the Yankees, drinking wine, and continuing the conversation before I jumped the last train home with my huge pumpkin, an appetite fulfilled with roasted pumpkin seeds, and still warmed from a wonderful day with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment