Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Festivities

I am just one more workday away from one of my most favorite "holidays" of the year! What started as an "annual tradition" that I don't think any of us really thought would be annual has turned into a steadfast yearly event that has grown and changed with us over the years. The first years ended in wine, horror movies, and trips out to the bar. As time passed, we invited a stroller along on the corn maze run, and now there are a couple of little ones who can run the maze themselves.
This year, I am looking forward to all of the usual pumpkin picking, corn maze wandering, carving contests, and candy corn consumption, but I also can't wait for whatever new traditions get folded into the old. There is something so sacred about that intersecting place where old memories are resurrected and new traditions are created.



No comments:

Post a Comment