Thursday, October 4, 2012

That's "Fire"

I took my ninth grade students to the library today so they could type up their short stories. Every year, when I work with students to type up their writing, I am shocked by how deficient their computer skills are. Today, I ran around for an hour fielding questions like, "How do I double space a paper?" The double spacing solutions were creative and fascinating. One student put two spaces between each word. Another student manually hit return between each line of her paper. When I showed students how to hit "select all" and right click in order to double space their papers, I heard genuine awe and respect in their responses: "Damn. That's fire." This is one of the highest expressions of respect. Amazing. I can slave over a lesson for hours, but what gains me the most praise is knowing how to use the right click feature on the mouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment