Monday, August 6, 2012

Fantasy House

Sometimes--especially when I am especially busy--I fantasize about picking up and moving somewhere with a slower pace of life. I know I have discussed this impulse before, but, as much as I adore New York City, there is something cathartic about dreaming of a life outside of the frenetic, chaotic, and always moving, pushing, pulling life that exists here.

My latest fantasy has centered on Maine. Last October, M. and I went there with the vague thought that perhaps we would move there someday if we ever tired of the city. We loved the food culture of Portland, the hiking of Wells, and the quaint seaside walks found in Kennebunkport.

So, while I really should be working on my paper, the latest form procrastination has taken for me has been to browse homes in Portland, Maine...

Loving all of these pictures from this home...
This kitchen inspires baking, I think.


A claw foot tub? Yes, please. 

I would like to read in that little nook on a chilly winter evening...
Ahhh...sometimes a little fantasy goes a long way. Meanwhile, back to my paper writing reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment