Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Writing Buddy

I had an interesting conversation with my sister a couple of weeks ago. Let me set the stage for you. It was a really boring Saturday night. M. was working on something in the other room. I was sitting on the couch typing away at my never finished novel. At one point, M. walked out and said jokingly, "What, are you writing a novel out here or something?!" I mumbled yes and continued typing away.
It was at that point that I called my sister to ask her something and, it turns out she was having the same kind of Saturday night, and lo and behold, she too was working on her never finished novel. The strange part was that we are both currently (and forever and ever) working on two pieces that are eerily similar. While this does little to solve the nature vs. nurture debate, it did inspire much fantasizing about becoming the next Bronte sisters.
Anyway, it was fun to exchange writing and get some feedback!

For those of you who are also working on your novels, this article from the Sunday Book Review in The New York Times really nails it! Although, I must say, I am not totally sold on Rule # 5...

Okay, now back to decidedly less fun writing: academic paper writing. I have procrastinated long enough. 24 hours and 25 pages. Let's Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment